Tuesday 19 October 2010

Celebrities: John Schneider

I just decided, quite randomly, to make a post linking to the Earthlings site and hadn't noticed the blog link before. I like blogs. I've been collecting links to blogs.

I'm unmoved by celebrities and their 'voice of reason' for animals. We've all seen the actors and models that advertise for PETA in one breath and then wear a fur coat in the next (Naomi isn't the first and she sure won't be the last). They received their substantial paycheck, right? Which, let's face it, is what your donations to PETA pay for - it most certainly isn't to ensure the welfare of the animals.

Anyway, I digress.
I can't seem to help myself when I see people crying. If an actor is good enough to convince me that they're crying for real in a movie, I'm in floods. As for watching a from the heart, genuine appeal, with crying, much clearing of the throat and a visible show of that person trying to pull themself together, it is even worse.

The last entry in Earthlings blog was from November 15th. I can't see a year so I'll assume it was from last year, although it could be older. It's an imbedded video of actor John Schneiders reaction to watching Earthlings and opening his eyes to the cruelty and horror of the world around us. I would expect to see a woman cry at the video, but the fact that a man recorded his reaction in his own hotel room, alone and then uploaded it makes it much more powerful. In a world where a man is thought of as a 'pussy' if he shows emotion in public, John Schneider has just become a personal hero of mine.

Hoping it works - the video:


Please check out Earthlings. Allow yourself to see the world as it really is beneath the shiny supermarket packaging so that you can make an informed choice.

2 comments:

  1. John Schneider has always tried to stand up for what he believes in whether his fans agree or not that is true integrity. I don't agree with all of his public opinions but this one is a no brainer, we have to make changes. No matter what I will always be a fan. @therealtrueshit, thx for standing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit to not having a clue who he was when I watched the video, although he looks familiar. Without using IMDB, I have no idea what he's been in.

    This video was powerful enough to convince a friend of mine to watch Earthlings last night after I'd posted it on FB - I'm glad that it's persuading people to open their eyes. I just wish more people cared enough to watch it also.

    ReplyDelete