Thursday 7 October 2010

Vegan Sites


I've been trawling the net looking for vegan suitable recipes for Christmas, and stumbled upon a spakly treasure trove of recipes to suit all occasions. I'll be honest, I walked into this diet thinking that it'll be 101 ways to cook chickpeas and lentils, and to be honest, there are a thousand ways to incorporate these into the foodie lifestyle, but there's so much more! You truly believe that you'll never eat another cheese scone or tiramisu dessert again, and I'm overjoyed to be shown how wrong I am!



Some of the sites thrilling me right now:

Veggie Love Planet

The Vegan Society

Vegan Village

BBC food

Veganfamily

Vegetarian Society

Parsley Soup

Veg family

Whole Foods Market

You may have noticed that a lot of the links are to the Yule section of the recipes. Enjoy and please feel free to suggest more :)

On the books front, my housemate ordered Skinny Bitch in the Kitch, which is just brilliant! I also received my copy the The Quorn Kitchen, which would have been perfect for when I turned Veggie back in June. I can still use it though - I just need to substitute lol.

I've also ordered my copy of Alicia Silverstones The Good Diet and Skinny Bitchin', which I'm anticipating imminently :)

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read Alicia Silverstone's book. I'm not vegan but it's supposed to be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make an update about it when I've (finally) received it through the post - the place I ordered it from has emailed to say that they have posted it, but relies on Royal Mail, which can be brilliant when it arrives within a day or two, and appalling when it takes a few weeks (plus my postman likes bending packages, as he somehow did with my quorn cookbook - I'm praying he leaves Alicia Unmollested)

    ReplyDelete