Friday 15 October 2010

Recipe: Cream of roasted tomato and red pepper soup

Cream of roasted tomato and red pepper soup

Time I updated this blog with more than just posts about my poor memory.
My very first soup was beautiful, if only because it was my own, very simple creation. I'm usually a follow the recipe kinda gal, but I had a basic concept of what a tomato soup should consist of, so just followed my instincts and added other things for flavour.

Serves 2

Ingredients
1 red pepper, deseeded
10-12 various fresh tomatoes (I used 8 plum and 3 salad)
1 small red onion, peeled but whole
3 cloves garlic, peeled but whole
2 Portobello mushrooms
Soya cream
Basil

Instructions
Place the deseeded pepper, tomato, peeled onion, garlic and mushrooms into a roasting tray,drizzle a little olive oil over and roast on 200c until soft (usually around 15-20 mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Peel the peppers and tomatoes before blending all vegetables until smooth. Sieve the liquid from the mixture into a saucepan and add soya cream (I used Alpro although use whatever type suits you). stir and reheat gently.
Serve immediately and enjoy x

Note
If you wish for a little heat, add half a teaspoon of vegan red chilli paste to the soup after it has been sieved.
The mass of vegetables that won't go through the sieve are delicious warmed slightly or left cold, spread on toast, crackers, dipped with breadsticks or just inside pita pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment